Beef Broccoli Chinese Style Recipe
Asian broccoli is delicious! Pair it with marvelous marinaded beef for a fast and simple recipe.
Beef broccoli gets an Asian twist in this super easy version of a classic dish. For a super easy and fast dinner recipe or just something special for the family, try this Asian style beef broccoli and it might just become one of your favorite go-to recipes.
What You Will Need:
- Half a pound of sukiyaki cut beef (very thin across the grain slices)
- A bundle of Chinese broccoli (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons browned chopped garlic (you may use garlic flakes)
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
Let’s Heat Up the Kitchen!
- Get all of your ingredients together.
- Steam the Chinese broccoli until it is done but not soggy. It is important to retain the bright green color for the visual appeal of the meal; plus the crunchy texture of the cooked vegetable add a certain freshness to the dish.
- Cook the beef in the cooking oil until browned. It would only take 3 minutes in medium to high heat because the beef is very thinly cut.
- Once the beef has been cooked and browned, add in the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, half of the garlic, the red chili flakes and black pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- On a serving dish, arrange the Chinese broccoli and spoon the cooked beef and the sauce over it. Top with the rest of the garlic flakes and drizzle in the sesame oil.
- Serve and enjoy! This recipe serves 2-4 individuals depending if the dish is to be served as a side dish or a main dish. It’s a visual treat for sure!